Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pin-curls, Purchases, Gardens: A Date ||MaddyBeautyLove



21/1/2014


Yesterday promised rain, I took an umbrella and surprise, surprise. No rain! Typical Melbourne! Instead it was a lovely 25-ish degrees! This was because I joined my boyfriend in the city for a little date. 




Of course I prepped for this the night before and decided to experiment with pin curls with what resources I had and, of course it took over 45 pins and numerous rollers (the torturous objects you can see below) alongside a night of pain and no sleep to achieve unheated curls. But I was faced with three questions. Did they turn out alright? Would I look like a poodle? Would they stay?
instagram: Nice_N_Spiffy
I was more than neatly surprised when I took the clips and rollers out and I had long curly curls instead of short poodle-ringlets! This is an incident that has happened before... A story I might leave for another time. I pinned my fringe back with a twist and a little pin curl to hide the stuck out ends. A little touch I love to do! 





But having used no heat and no hairspray at all I was risking curls that might just drop. I wondered if my 48-hour, no-frizz hair routine would work in my favour.

But first, what else did I wear that day?! 


I wore this necklace my nan gave me just recently for getting in to university. It's a lovely, thin piece that really suited my favourite cream/white shirt. 


I decided to use an odd colour for the day. It's a Rimmel London lipstick in 214 "firework".
 It was a risk as I each time I try to wear it, it clashes with my clothing. But finally I had an outfit that it seemed to work with. Hallelugh! Though, this lipstick certainly did not hide the lip issues that my Lush Lipscrub certainly couldn't clear that day. 



After a surprisingly lovely coconut hot chocolate at Max Brener (reminiscent of Valentines Day), I almost skipped to Crabtree and Evelyn to peruse through their sale stock. Here I eyed off the Lavander Hand Therapy cream. Having been told by the sales assistant that it was the last day of the sale, I just bit the bullet and purchased it even though I already have enough hand creams to use up and as even $10 is a steep price for a hand cream in my opinion as I own plenty that are quite a bit under. 
I just love the packaging. It makes me think of a Granny's house, in a good way! 
The bags are so pretty! I love the florals on the inside.

Then we headed to the Royal Botanical Gardens with a disposable camera in hand. A disposable camera with a twist! 

I bought this for Stuart a year ago and ever since we've been capturing random memories in hopes that the film turns out perfectly. But what's awesome about it, is that it prints the photos with a vintage frame. I can't wait to print them and see! 

At the Gardens we decided to explore more of the land and oh my. That place is MASSIVE! It's absolutely ginormous! It seemed we had only discovered about half of it. 

In our travels, we saw a couple taking a gondola ride in the garden's river...Lightbulb, perfect date idea! I believe that now Stuart is resolved to take me on one for either Valentines day or our two year anniversary.
On the way out of the Garden's gates, I picked up a brochure of summer activities that will be taking place there and if I'm honest, I will be dedicated to do them all! 

After Stuart left, I stayed in the city for a little while longer so I could catch the train home with my Papa bear. Which gave a nice touch to the day!

A question I left unanswered before, did my curls stay? Why yes, they did! So did my make-up!
Cue my playing around with the camera...


Excuse the weird black smudge on my forehead...You probably didn't notice, and now I've gone to point it out..









So that was my day! It was just perfect if I do say so myself! \
Now I must go back to my University enrolment! 
Have a safe and lovely week!

With all my love, Maddy.
xXxX 
~MaddyBeautyLove~

I've recently created a Bloglovin' profile, check me out at MaddyBeautyLove.

Beauty Youtube:

 http://www.youtube.com/user/MaddyBeautyLove 

Instagram: Nice_N_Spiffy

Tumblr: 

http://maddylovesongs.tumblr.com/

Twitter:

Extras Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/MaddyLovesExtras




No comments:

Post a Comment