Friday, February 27, 2015

Summer Date Night Edit ||MaddyBeautyLove







Date nights are the perfect times to bring out the gorgeous products. Whether it's with your girlfriends or significant other, when the sun is out late and your awesome summer clothing comes out of hibernation. So here he have it, my favourite summertime date night edit. 

 
For the summer time, a matte bronzer is what I opt for. This year the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer is taking the front seat. Though it is in the shade "Medium-Dark"
 (and I am as pale as a ghost), I go in with a light hand. It blends nicely with a natural non-orange finish. It pairs perfectly with bright lips. Not to mention the chocolate-mellow scent is the delectable.



This blush trio by Covergirl (230 Defined Rose) has three of the nicest matte shades to suit any lip. 
The middle shade has definitely been my go-to. It doesn't accentuate my pale skin and instead works to make me look just that little more tan. Love!



Benefits Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow in RSVP is the perfect base for any eye look. Whether it is elegant or casual look I'm going for, this pink champagne colour prolongs my shadows wear, no creasing creasing (no risks on a date!) or disappearing in to nothingness. Even in Melbourne's hot and humid weather.  


The perfect pair to my base is Revlon's Photo-ready Palette in 505 Impressionist. It provides my highlight, crease, and eye colour. It's currently my favourite palette. The shadow's are quite creamy and pigmented and they aren't packed with chunky pieces of shimmer - just the right amount. 
Just be wary of the fallout, though giving the brush a light tap will help remove any excess. 








For the summertime I like to bring out the shades that I couldn't at any other time of the year. When I'm feeling extra loud, I opt for Mac's Amplified Lipstick in 'Impassioned'. It's the perfect summertime lip colour. It's bright but not a neon highlighter-like colour. The longevity is amazing, the texture is creamy and applies nicely. Just be sure to exfoliate and moisturise those lips as this formula isn't kind to chapped lips.



To me shower gel is an important prepping stage for perfumes and lotions. Prince Charming was a delicious limited edition by Lush. Though any shower gel will do, I love this one for the hints of creaminess from the Fair Trade vanilla pod. Mixed with marshmallow root, grapefruit juice, organic pomegranate juice and almond oil, YUM! These ingredients create a sweet shower gel which also works as a fabulous humectant, cleanser toner and an anti inflammatory!

In summer your legs come out of hibernation, so it's important to keep them silky, smooth and glowing. Lush's Strawberry Feels Massage Bar is the winner out of the many contenders I own. As delectable as chocolate and as indulgent as real strawberries, this bar is just as good for your skin as eating the real fruit. With ingredients like fresh strawberries, extra virgin coconut oil, uplifting bergamot oil, Fair Trade organic cocoa butter, Fair Trade shea butter, you know you're in for a treat. Just melt the bar between your fingers and massage it in to your skin to leave it feeling soft while giving you that perfect, non-greasy shine.

The last item, and perhaps the most important is the perfume. Perfume works like a photograph expect by using another sense. It not only leaves a lasting memory on you, but an impression on the other person. Whether that is a good thing or not, well….The Miss Dior Eau de Parfum is a favourite of mine. It is sophistication while being age neutral. With citrus and floral notes (italian mandarin, arabian jasmine absolute. patchouli and musk) it is the perfect summer time perfume of choice for a date and set to leave an impression.

So that's it! I'd love to know what products you opt for, comment down below!

Happy dating!



Bisous, bisous
MaddyBeautyLove
XxXx








No comments:

Post a Comment